groovy-users mailing list archives

From Owen Rubel <oru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A Brief History of Groovy
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:03:33 GMT
no that wasnt it... it was in 2005 on his now defunct blog.

But yes. Seeing it now through different eyes, I feel for him but I also
feel for the group for having to make rough decisions.

It's never easy for people to have to do those things and its never easy
for someone to let go of something they created.

Perhaps James saying 'Groovy is crap' helps him to let go of it
psychologically... which is a great way to help him heal and I'm sure he is
past that alot by now.

We all have hurt and we just have to rise above it and be introspective and
look inside ourselves and try to see what we can learn and derive from it.
In reading that conversation, I learned alot about what happened and I
guess about myself too. It was very eye opening in how mature every one
was... made me feel like I had alot to learn.

I just thought it a nice restrospect on the leadership and how they
weathered hard times together... not a pointing of a finger at an
individual who reacted in a moment of weakness. Otherwise I would spend
most of the time pointing at myself.

Owen Rubel
415-971-0976
orubel@gmail.com