groovy-users mailing list archives

From Dierk König <dierk.koe...@canoo.com>
Subject Re: peristant and immutable collections
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:29:45 GMT
To clarify my point:

We would copy the code over from pcollections.
The difference is that we do not _maintain_ it in a different project that we have a dependency
upon.
We maintain it as part of the core.
Also: pcollections may have other users than Groovy. But Groovy core doesn't have to deal
with that.

cheers
Dierk

> Am 15.10.2015 um 12:22 schrieb Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com>:
>
> Writing our own persistent collections would be quite a bit of work, it's not very realistic.
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
> On 14.10.2015 18:17, Dierk König wrote:
> I'm for making our own, Groovy-specific version of persistent data types.
> It could become a separate module or live in the core module.
>
> if we are going to use it in groovy-core, it would have to become part of groovy-core.
Frankly, if I would write something from scratch for Groovy, it would probably end up to something
similar to pcollections again. That is because you normally need some level of interoperability
(or easy wrappers) for the collection stuff, since so much in Groovy does use it already and
since so much of it has special treatment in the runtime.