groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject Integer primitive division
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:47:03 GMT
Is there any way to perform primitive integer division in Groovy compile static mode? If I
do:

(int)(12/2)

Then it coverts 12 and 2 to Integer objects, calls a method that performs BigDecimal division,
then calls "as int" (not just intValue) on the result, which itself does instanceof checks.

I tried intdiv, and it is more efficient, but it still converts to and from Integer objects
so that it can do A.intValue() / B.intValue(), and storing that result in an Integer itself.

I see if I just do 12 + 2, it does a true primitive operation in the bytecode. Is there any
way to perform primitive division in Groovy the same way it is done in Java?

Jason Winnebeck
Software Engineer III Contractor - IT Software Development | Windstream
600 Willowbrook Office Park, Rochester, NY 14450
Jason.Winnebeck@windstream.com<mailto:Jason.Winnebeck@windstream.com> | windstreambusiness.com
o: 585.794-4585

original message and any attachments.