groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: Iterate over 2 lists in a closure?
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:47:19 GMT
If your user defined types implement equals as you need, then you can just do list1 == list2.
Owen’s solution allows equality when order is different or there are duplicates.

This also sounds like a zip operation, which took me a really long time to find in Groovy
but I recently found it:

def letters = ['a', 'b']
def numbers = [1, 2]

assert ['a1', 'b2'] ==
       GroovyCollections.transpose(letters, numbers).collect { it[0] + it[1] }

In your case of testing a condition (equality) you can use any<http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/groovy-jdk/java/lang/Iterable.html#any(groovy.lang.Closure)>
method instead of collect.

Jason

From: Owen Rubel [mailto:orubel@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 1:28 PM
To: users@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Iterate over 2 lists in a closure?

if(list1.contains(list2) && list2.contains(list1)){ true }

Owen Rubel
415-971-0976
orubel@gmail.com<mailto:orubel@gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Les Hartzman <lhartzman@gmail.com<mailto:lhartzman@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I want to know if it's possible to have a closure that can iterate over 2 equal length lists?
The equivalent of doing list1.each, list2.each { ... }, where each list is a list of an user-defined
type.

Basically I want to compare elements in the lists to see if they are equal.

Thanks.

Les

original message and any attachments.