groovy-users mailing list archives

From Henrik Martin <hen...@netgate.net>
Subject Eclipse Groovy dev environment other than groovy-eclipse?
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 03:46:56 GMT
Hi. Is there any other decent Groovy development support for Eclipse
than the groovy-eclipse plugin? I'm using the Spring Tool Suite
packaging of Eclipse (STS 3.7.1). I'd like to use the latest and
greatest Groovy version, which at the time of this writing is 2.4.5 (at
least for stable releases), but I'm not sure if groovy-eclipse has
support for 2.4.5. Is there any other way of getting the IDE support
features that developers are used to today for Groovy, short of
switching to IntelliJ? I used IntelliJ about 7 years ago and liked it a
lot, but right now I'm too bogged down to explore new tools. Hope I'm
not opening up a can of worms here :-)
Thanks,

-H