groovy-users mailing list archives

From Schalk Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject Internal compiler error when using for loop on a collection.
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:32:11 GMT
I appreciate this might be hard to provide info on without the lack of
source code to look at, but I have not been able to distill this down to
a simplified case. I am still working on a piece of new code for
Groovy-VFS so have not even pushed it upstream yet. However this
compilation error has caught me out.

Maybe one of the Groovy Devs might have a clue as to what can cause this
kind of error.

General error during class generation: Internal compiler error while
compiling **/**/UpToDateCheck.groovy
Method: MethodNode@1811575933[boolean
forUriCollection(org.gradle.api.logging.Logger,
org.ysb33r.groovy.dsl.vfs.VFS, org.ysb33r.gradle.vfs.VfsURICollection,
java.lang.Object)]
Line 35, expecting casting to java.util.Iterator <E extends
java.lang.Object> but operand stack is empty

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Internal compiler error while
compiling **/**/UpToDateCheck.groovy
Method: MethodNode@1811575933[boolean
forUriCollection(org.gradle.api.logging.Logger,
org.ysb33r.groovy.dsl.vfs.VFS, org.ysb33r.gradle.vfs.VfsURICollection,
java.lang.Object)]
Line 35, expecting casting to java.util.Iterator <E extends
java.lang.Object> but operand stack is empty
     at
org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.asm.OperandStack.throwExceptionForNoStackElement(OperandStack.java:310)
     at
org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.asm.OperandStack.doConvertAndCast(OperandStack.java:315)
     at
org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.asm.OperandStack.doGroovyCast(OperandStack.java:279)
     at
org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.asm.OperandStack.storeVar(OperandStack.java:629)
     at
org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.asm.CompileStack.defineTemporaryVariable(CompileStack.java:308)
     at
org.codehaus.groovy.classgen.asm.sc.StaticTypesStatementWriter.writeForInLoop(StaticTypesStatementWriter.java:85)

It seems to be related to a for-loop over an internal Groovy VFS class
that implements the Iterable interface.

The version of Groovy would be 2.3.3.

--
Schalk W. Cronjé