groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: peristant and immutable collections
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:04:03 GMT
On 15.10.2015 12:29, Dierk K├Ânig wrote:
> To clarify my point:
>
> We would copy the code over from pcollections.
> The difference is that we do not _maintain_ it in a different project that we have a
dependency upon.
> We maintain it as part of the core.
> Also: pcollections may have other users than Groovy. But Groovy core doesn't have to
deal with that.

That's an option we can keep open. If we need things special for Groovy
we can go the extension method way. In most cases we do not need to
extend GroovyObject for example. But of course you are right, we should
not be afraid of doing this, if there are bigger advantages.

bye blackdrag