groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: peristant and immutable collections
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:18:27 GMT
On 14.10.2015 18:17, Dierk K├Ânig wrote:
> I'm for making our own, Groovy-specific version of persistent data types.
> It could become a separate module or live in the core module.

if we are going to use it in groovy-core, it would have to become part
of groovy-core. Frankly, if I would write something from scratch for
Groovy, it would probably end up to something similar to pcollections
again. That is because you normally need some level of interoperability
(or easy wrappers) for the collection stuff, since so much in Groovy
does use it already and since so much of it has special treatment in the
runtime.

bye blackdrag