groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: peristant and immutable collections
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:15:04 GMT
On 14.10.2015 20:35, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
[...]
> Also strong -1 for any dependency on Scala, for almost the same reasons:
> strong history of breaking binary compatibility, all libraries of Scala
> have to be built against multiple versions of Scala. Plus it would
> dramatically increase the size of the distribution.

Afaik the suggested a-foundation classes do not depend on Scala at all.
Of course I would not suggest a dependency on Scala directly, some for
Clojure. Not because they are bad, but because you pull in too much
stuff. A-foundation and clj-ds try to get around the problem by having
no dependency on anything outside. But of course like typical with
Scala, A-foundation still brings a lot of classes.

bye blackdrag