groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: peristant and immutable collections
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:53:04 GMT
On 14.10.2015 11:54, Thibault Kruse wrote:
> Is the idea here to offer a wrapping API for such collections to
> Groovy application developers, or merely use immutable collections
> inside Groovy, without exposing them to application developers?

I would like to use them internally as well as offering them to Groovy
developers. The point being, that if I have them in groovy-core they
bring some size to the jars as well, unless I use jarjar to pick out
only the stuff I want to and put them in a separate namespache. but
unless there is a good reason to do so, I would prefer having the
library being generally available. If we just provide a wrapper it does
not have to be part of groovy-core at all. And I am thinking that if we
have a kind of standard library, we can take care of its classes in the
runtime better and maybe gpars would use that as well in the long term
for some things.

bye blackdrag