groovy-users mailing list archives

From Maarten Boekhold <boekh...@gmx.com>
Subject IntelliJ/Maven/GMavenPlus project, groovy scripts and run CLASSPATH
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 07:29:26 GMT
Hi all,

Not strictly a groovy-specific question I believe, but I also believe
that if anybody knows the answer to this, they'll be on this list.

I am working on a project that is mixed Java and groovy code. I'm
developing in IntelliJ, it's a maven project that is using GMavenPlus (1.5).

When the resulting artifact is run after I have installed it, the groovy
scripts should***not* be on the CLASSPATH of the application; instead
they are loaded dynamically (GroovyClassLoader.parseClass()). So, also
inside IntelliJ, when running or debugging the full application, I want
to exclude the groovy sources (or compiled artifacts) from the
CLASSPATH. However, while developing I *do* want these scripts to be
*compiled *so I can see any errors. Also when running unit tests the
scripts will need to be on the classpath.

I'm looking for a way to achieve the following:
- Groovy sources are compiled when building the project
- Groovy artifacts are NOT on the CLASSPATH when running/debugging the
application inside IntelliJ
- Groovy artifacts ARE on the CLASSPATH when running unit tests

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Maarten