groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jack Frosch <jack.fro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Metaprogramming diagram
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:26:52 GMT
I’m with Allison and Jason. That diagram is a pretty confusing flow chart.  If you’re confused
—> yes —> If you’re confused —> yes! :-)

From:  "Winnebeck, Jason"
Date:  Monday, September 21, 2015 at 8:09 AM
To:  "users@groovy.incubator.apache.org", Allison F
Subject:  RE: Question on Metaprogramming diagram

Based only on the subtree, the second option appears to be describing the case where the “method”
is actually a property of closure type. For example if calling a.b(), if b is a method it
calls it, but if there is a property “b” (via getB or field), and that property is of
Closure type, then do a.b.call(). It seems that it should say “property exists in MetaClass
or class”? I’m not a Groovy MOP expert though, but I thought only the MetaClass is used
for lookups. I also don’t get the block “call interceptor or original method” in that
diagram, because immediately before that it already checks if it’s GroovyInterceptable,
so it seems like that block should just say “call original method”.

Jason