groovy-users mailing list archives

From Maarten Boekhold <boekh...@gmx.com>
Subject GMavenPlus or groovy-eclipse-compiler?
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 05:20:02 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking on some feedback on which maven plugin is currently
preferred/recommended: GMavenPlus or groovy-eclipse-compiler?

As far as I know, development on the groovy-eclipse-compiler has stalled
somewhat, and currently it does not support Groovy 2.4.4. Also, it's
using its own groovy compiler, not the official one.

GMavenPlus on the other hand seems to lack Eclipse M2E support. If you
import a maven project that uses GMavenPlus into Eclipse you get lots of
these annoying "plugin execution not covered by lifecycle" errors.

On a project that currently uses the groovy-eclipse compiler I did a
small test to replace it with GMavenPlus and I managed to get rid of
those errors by including the following in my pom.xml, but I'm not sure
that doesn't introduce any issues down the road (I'm not familiar at all
with mapping Eclipse lifecycle events to maven goals):

<plugin>
     <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
     <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0</version>
     <configuration>
         <lifecycleMappingMetadata>
             <pluginExecutions>
                 <pluginExecution>
                     <pluginExecutionFilter>
                         <groupId>
                             org.codehaus.gmavenplus
                         </groupId>
                         <artifactId>
                             gmavenplus-plugin
                         </artifactId>
                         <versionRange>
                             [1.5,)
                         </versionRange>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>addSources</goal>
                             <goal>addTestSources</goal>
                             <goal>compile</goal>
                             <goal>generateStubs</goal>
                             <goal>removeStubs</goal>
                             <goal>removeTestStubs</goal>
                             <goal>testCompile</goal>
                             <goal>
                                 testGenerateStubs
                             </goal>
                         </goals>
                     </pluginExecutionFilter>
                     <action>
                         <ignore></ignore>
                     </action>
                 </pluginExecution>
             </pluginExecutions>
         </lifecycleMappingMetadata>
     </configuration>
</plugin>

Is there any "official" advise on this topic?

Maarten