groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy script error in OFBiz
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:50:37 GMT
I have discovered that the error disappears after the execution of any script containing:

@BaseScript(org.ofbiz.service.engine.GroovyBaseScript)
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

Is there a chance that with the implementation of @BaseScript annotations (introduced with
2.3.0, see for example GROOVY-6592) something was broken in the CompilerConfiguration
.setScriptBaseClass method?

Jacopo

On Sep 22, 2015, at 4:07 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappellato@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did some testing and I have found the first release that causes the error: it's 2.3.0
(it works until the 2.2.2 release).

> Jacopo
>
> On Aug 26, 2015, at 12:34 PM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> I will try a dichotomous approach indeed. It worked in 2.2.1 not 2.4.4, let's see...
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 26/08/2015 02:31, Keegan Witt a écrit :
>>> I don't have any other ideas at the moment.  Other than maybe trying other versions
of Groovy to see which version made the changes.

>>> -Keegan
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 4:02 AM, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes I did (of course ;)) I did not get a chance to have another look yet, still
planned...

>>> Jacques

GroovyUtil.java after changing the Groovy versions?  Because it is compiled against Groovy
and maybe something was changed between versions.

Groovy, thanks!

reported by Jacques and I would like to share more information about how the code is used
in OFBiz.

it (I have simplified the code for readability):

the day, scripts are compiled too (just compiled on the fly).  How are you extending org.ofbiz.service.engine.GroovyBaseScript?
 Is it in a jar on the classpath?  And are you sure there are no ASTs in it?

one of them, and the error message is there to tell you something is wrong with it.

ago. We only use it for scripts, we don't use the compiler.

groovy-all-2.2.1.jar and added groovy-all-2.4.4.jar locally before committing. But I was surprised
to get this error, which exists in all our scripts.

startup failed:
23: A transform used a generics containing ClassNode org.ofbiz.service.engine.GroovyBaseScript
for the super class cha
new ClassNode referring to the old ClassNode and use the new ClassNode instead of the old
one. Otherwise the compiler will create wrong
OpenJDK. If this is not your own doing, please report this bug to the writer of the transform.
~[groovy-all-2.4.4.jar:2.4.4]
~[groovy-all-2.4.4.jar:2.4.4]
~[groovy-all-2.4.4.jar:2.4.4]
~[groovy-all-2.4.4.jar:2.4.4]