groovy-users mailing list archives

From Anto Aravinth <anto.aravinth....@gmail.com>
Subject Compare two java files.
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 08:00:06 GMT
Hi Groovy Folks,

  I need a way to parse two java files and find which method does in them
have been changed.

For example:

*old.java*
class A
{
   public void test()
   {
   }
}

*new.java*
class A
{
   public void test()
   {
      int i;
   }
}

As you can see the method test have been changed in this context. I was
seeing SimpleGroovyDocAssembler source code to check how its "walking the
AST". I could able to find a method "visitMethodDef", which is getting
called when the method found. But SimpleGroovyDocAssembler, is least
interested in method body, so it does only getting the docs around it, and
modifiers etc.

But the question is, I want to get
the org.codehaus.groovy.ast.stmt.BlockStatement from the visistMethodDef,
how would I do that?

Am I in right direction?

Thanks,
Anto.