groovy-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Grealy <nickgre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Release Roadmap
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 00:02:59 GMT

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY/fixforversion/12331949/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel
>,
> > and there isn't a planned date for the next release (2.4.5) or future
> > releases. I understand if processes are still in a state of flux, what
> > with the move to Apache etc (I'm happy to be patient). Am I looking in
> > the right place? Also, what is the trigger/process for setting release
> > dates?
>
> normally we do one bigger release per year and otherwise bugfix
> releases. That would mean normally we would plan to release 2.5.0 in
> early 2016, with several beta releases before... which we should
> probably start on soon. Bugfix releases, well we do them normally if one
> of 3 things happen: we got quite some issues resolved (50+), somebody
> asks for it or there was a longer period of time (like 3 months) without
> release
>
> But frankly all these are open points right now, because this was what
> we did before moving to apache and with having several full time
developers.

> As for 2.5, why is it that you are asking for the release. What issue
> triggered that for you?
>
> bye blackdrag
>
> --
> Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou
> blog: http://blackdragsview.blogspot.com/

Hi Blackdrag,

Cool. There's no issue, just a feature I'm (impatiently) waiting for!
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7423?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%202.5.0-beta-1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20GROOVY

Is there an (easy) way to bring it forward into an upcoming release? (Is it
just a matter of merging it into the next 2.4.5 branch? If so, I'm happy to
do the merge).

Kind regards,
Nick Grealy