groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [Question] Variable Argument Lists, Named Arguments, Optional Parameters and Multiple assignment
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:27:02 GMT
hi,

yeah, Python is a different beast than Groovy in manner matters. If
named arguments would have been a default mechanism on the JVM we would
certainly have supported something like Python does. But in Groovy
arguments are no dictionary unless you define it as something like that
using a Map... And even then the Groovy named arguments solution is
quite half-hearted looking compared to Python. But the problem is, we
cannot influence the JVM internals, while Python and its
interpreter/runtime are supporting each other.

As for your questions... They have been perfectly legal to ask, don't
worry about it. You are welcome to ask more in the future, though I
suggest the user list ;)

btw.. what IRC channel was it you guys where communicating over?

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou