groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy Release Roadmap
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 05:44:43 GMT
Am 06.08.2015 03:44, schrieb Keegan Witt:
> You're correct that getting it into the next 2.4 release is as simple as
> merging to the GROOVY_2_4_X branch.  But we generally accept PRs to
> master, then we handle merging to release branches as appropriate.  As
> for whether this /should/ be in 2.4.5, I wouldn't raise strong objection
> if we decided to, but it kinda feels like a 2.5 thing to me because it's
> a new feature that's changing generated classes rather than a bugfix.
> I'm trying to be the voice of prudence.  But I get excited about new
> features too, so I won't be brokenhearted if I get overruled.  :)

2.4.5 is a bugfix release and should contain no new features. We add new
features to bugfix releases only in rare cases.. for example if the
feature is also a bugfix

In this case I think it should be 2.5 only. I suggest we wait 2 weeks,
then Cedric is back from holiday and we can talk about doing a
2.5-beta-1 release.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou