groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy Release Roadmap
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 08:31:26 GMT
Am 05.08.2015 03:52, schrieb Nicholas Grealy:
> First of all, congratulations on the 2.4.4. release under the Apache
> flag (3 weeks ago)! Great stuff.
>
> Where can I find out when future release dates of Groovy are planned
> for? (Specifically, I'm interested in the release date for 2.5.X
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY/fixforversion/12331949/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel>)
>
> I've had a look at the roadmap
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel>,
> and there isn't a planned date for the next release (2.4.5) or future
> releases. I understand if processes are still in a state of flux, what
> with the move to Apache etc (I'm happy to be patient). Am I looking in
> the right place? Also, what is the trigger/process for setting release
> dates?

normally we do one bigger release per year and otherwise bugfix
releases. That would mean normally we would plan to release 2.5.0 in
early 2016, with several beta releases before... which we should
probably start on soon. Bugfix releases, well we do them normally if one
of 3 things happen: we got quite some issues resolved (50+), somebody
asks for it or there was a longer period of time (like 3 months) without
release

But frankly all these are open points right now, because this was what
we did before moving to apache and with having several full time developers.

As for 2.5, why is it that you are asking for the release. What issue
triggered that for you?

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou