groovy-users mailing list archives

From JamieEchlin <jamie.ech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get compiler warnings
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:55:26 GMT
> well, I am no fan of warnings, which is why I never really implemented

You don't have to look at them ;-)

Perhaps I am going in the wrong direction, so I'll give the background.

Like many others I allow users to run their own code. The API they use is
not just mine but also supplied by a third-party. I would just like to
inform them when they're using a deprecated API.  This seems reasonable to
me...

Yes, the plumbing is missing, it seems to handle only errors. But a
workaround is to use an AST customizer and pass the warnings back in a
thread local, as per http://melix.github.io/blog/2015/03/sandboxing.html.

As it turns out this wasn't super straightforward as the third-party api
didn't have @Deprecated annotations, just @deprecated in the javadoc.