groovy-users mailing list archives

From Rahul Somasunderam <rsomasunde...@transcendinsights.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions for performance improvement
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:20:52 GMT
I'm assuming metaclass init should be a one time penalty. Or is there something I'm misunderstanding
about it?

Rahul Somasunderam
Engineer, Transcend Insights

On Jul 13, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org<mailto:blackdrag@gmx.org>>
wrote:

Am 13.07.2015 20:43, schrieb Keegan Witt:
Hmm, that is interesting.  I tried swapping count.times with for loops
(just to be sure it's an apples to apples comparison) and switching to
the indy version of Groovy, but it made no significant difference.  The
only other thing that comes to mind is I wonder if metaclass
initialization carries more overhead than I realized.  Lemme give it
some more thought / digging.

meta class init is a huge overhead

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou

and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this material/information in error,