groovy-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Price <danprice...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Script withBatch() Hang?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:20:37 GMT
Groovy script withBatch() is still hanging...

Database trace and activity monitor do not indicate any locks, and all data
is inserted/updated as expected, so this doesn't seem to be a DB issue...

I'm wondering why I'm not seeing a non-empty return from my batch code:

myList = [['a','b'],['c','d']]

def result = sql.withBatch(someInt, "insert into myDB.dbo.myTable (column1,
column2) values (?,?)"){ ps ->
   myList.each{
      ps.addBatch(it)
   }
   ps.executeBatch()
}
println "result: " + result

prints:
result: []

Shouldn't result == [1] * myList.size()?

Hangs always happen upon completion of the batch...

Regards,