groovy-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New to Groovy - question on code in documentation
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 17:00:11 GMT
Oh, that's a good catch. this shouldn't appear in the docs. It's a side
effect of an unclosed tag in our test files:

https://github.com/melix/groovy-core/blob/bf8c4b54863ddf045760fb55db60c098a8df3616/src/spec/test/gdk/WorkingWithIOSpecTest.groovy#L313-323

The end:: tag doesn't correspond to the opening tag::, so asciidoctor
scrambled the output. Will fix it!

> Hi,
>
> As the subject says, I’ve just gotten started with learning Groovy and
> have been going through the documentation.
>
> There is some code in the section on files that is not explained. If
> someone could clarify that, it would be great:
>
> * doInTmpDir { b ->
>                 File file = null
>                 def tmpDir = b.tmp {
>                     file = 'foo.tmp'('foo')
>             }*
>
> What does ‘foo.tmp’(‘foo’) do?
>
> I tried to put this into groovysh but it complained:  *No signature of method: groovysh_evaluate.foo.tmp()
is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [foo]*