groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Johnson <john...@cs.uiuc.edu>
Subject deprecated varargs syntax?
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:47:51 GMT
I recently changed the compiler from 2.1.6 to 2.1.8 and a couple of things
changed.  I just found this problem and wonder if it is one more.

We have scripts with lines of the form

openModalWindow 'EditScreen', fromType: t, withData: d

which calls the following method where options is the map {fromType: t,
withData: d}.

def openModalWindow(Map options=[:], Object screenName) {

}

The scripts just stopped working, and the error is that there is no method
to match openModelWIndow(String).

The documentation only describes the varargs form where the last parameter
is a variable-length array, not the one where the first one is a map.

Did this syntax get deprecated?