groovy-users mailing list archives

From Les Hartzman <lhartz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New to Groovy - question on code in documentation
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 17:39:52 GMT
Still too new to the group. But you might want to do it yourself just to capture the fix in
the system.

I read the link you sent. I thought that might have been what was intended, but since groovysh
was throwing an error, I wasn’t sure.

Thanks again!

Les

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In case you were tempted at making a PR, I already fixed it ;)

> The error code is in the GDK documentation under “Working with I/O” in section 1.5
“Executing External Processes”.

>> On Jul 9, 2015, at 10:11 AM, Owen Rubel <orubel@gmail.com <mailto:orubel@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> can you point me to where this code exists in documentation?
>>
>> Owen Rubel
>> 415-971-0976
>> orubel@gmail.com <mailto:orubel@gmail.com>
>> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Les Hartzman <lhartzman@gmail.com <mailto:lhartzman@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As the subject says, I’ve just gotten started with learning Groovy and have been
going through the documentation.

>> There is some code in the section on files that is not explained. If someone could
clarify that, it would be great:

>>  doInTmpDir { b ->
>>                 File file = null
>>                 def tmpDir = b.tmp {
>>                     file = 'foo.tmp'('foo')
>>             }
>> What does ‘foo.tmp’(‘foo’) do?
>> I tried to put this into groovysh but it complained:  No signature of method: groovysh_evaluate.foo.tmp()
is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [foo]