groovy-users mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Pedot <wolfgang.pe...@finkzeit.at>
Subject AST transformation to modify variable names
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:40:11 GMT
Hello,

I have the following Scenario:

OSGI-based application with embedded GroovyScriptEngines, lots of
small(ish) scripts which use variables from the Binding.
All those Binding-Variables are written in uppercase (like constants) to
distinguish them from locally used variables in the script.
While looking into recent increases in compile-time for the scripts I
learned that those uppercase variable names are part of the problem
because they cause a lot of undesired class-lookups.
Modifying all the existing scripts would be a giant pain so I thought
there might be a way to do this using an AST transformation, what I
would like to do is something like adding a lower-case prefix to all
uppercase-variables but I cant seem to find the right angle.
Any hints/ideas? Most of the variable-names are known, but some are not.

regards
Wolfgang Pedot