groovy-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: groovy.sql Documentation and the doco process
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:30:16 GMT
Hi Duncan,

Am 05.07.2015 um 23:52 schrieb Duncan Dickinson:
> I noticed that the "Working with a relational database" section of the
> documentation is empty:
> http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation/databases.html .
> However there does appear to be doco in
> https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/subprojects/groovy-sql/src/spec/doc/sql-userguide.adoc

> - is this something just awaiting the next website refresh?
The groovy documentation is bound to the groovy version e.g.
http://docs.groovy-lang.org/docs/groovy-2.4.3/html/documentation

There are just two shortcuts:
http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation
<http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation/databases.html>
(for the current version) and
http://docs.groovy-lang.org/next/html/documentation/ (for the next
version/current master). You can that the sql-userguide will be included
in the next release.
> I was thinking that I could add to the documentation so read up on
> Peter L's how-to blog post. It all looks straight forward but I'm keen
> not to start something that's already being worked on - hence this
> email to check status.
>
> Lastly, there doesn't appear to be a process around co-ordinating
> documentation aside from people tagging the document they're working
> on. I was wondering if the Jira "Documentation" component* couldn't be
> used to a greater extent. Essentially we'd likely have 2 types of
> tickets - a bug for errors/typos/etc and a task for new/modifying
> doco. Perhaps a Lead for the component may also be useful.
>
> This would mean that people could allocate themsleves a ticket and
> keep it updated to let people know that it's actively being worked on.
Feel free to send a pull request tagging the section you want to work on
and/or create a jira ticket.
> Lastly, I assume that the Apache 2 licence covers the documentation...
>
> *
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY/component/12326646/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:component-summary-panel
Yes the current version of the documentation is Apache 2 licensed (it
was Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 licensed before), see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7470
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-groovy-dev/201506.mbox/%3CCADQzvm%3DMfajQuMxoZJmpLe%2B4W22a_MDY_dC4W%2BNMWiakEEOyNg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Cheers,
Pascal