groovy-users mailing list archives

From Merlin Beedell <MBeed...@cryoserver.com>
Subject RE: Scriptom
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:58:30 GMT
I certainly use Scriptom (via ‘Jacob’ - a layer to access DCOM – Microsoft’s common
way to interact with Office suite as well as O/S features like directory or service management
- that you would typically use vbscript for).
I guess that it is an inactive project because there is no need to further refine it – it
works really well already.

I use it to start/stop Windows Services, including any dependent services – via the wbem
api.  And to get server memory and other details.

Groovy (on Windows) would be incomplete without this part of the distribution.

Here are some random snippets showing the sort of thing that I use it for..

import org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.*;
import static org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.tlb.wbemscripting.WbemFlagEnum.*;

org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.Scriptom.inApartment {
    def locator = new org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.ActiveXObject('WbemScripting.SWbemLocator')
    def services = locator.ConnectServer('.')

      for(process in services.ExecQuery("SELECT Name, ProcessID, State FROM Win32_Service
where (name like '${aCryoServiceName}') and StartMode != 'Disabled'", 'WQL', wbemFlagForwardOnly))
{
        //for(prop in process.Properties_) {
        //    print "\t${prop.Name} : ${prop.Value}"
        //}
..etc..

boolean checkDependents (def p_serviceCtrl, String p_procName, String depType, def p_aW) {
    for (depServ in p_serviceCtrl.ExecQuery("Associators of {Win32_Service.Name='" + p_procName
+ "'} Where AssocClass=Win32_DependentService Role=${depType}")) {
            print "\t${depType}: ${depServ.Name} state: ${depServ.State}"
..etc..

   def serviceStates = [
  0:'Success'
  ,1:'Not Supported'
  ,2:'Access Denied'
  ,3:'Dependent Services Running'
  ,4:'Invalid Service Control'
  ,5:'Service Cannot Accept Control'
  ,6:'Service Not Active'

And to obtain O/S details..
//will not run on Linux as scriptom is missing there and the import will fail

String os = System.getProperty("os.name").toLowerCase();

def osIsMacOsX = "mac os x".equals(os);
def osIsWindows = os != null && os.indexOf("windows") != -1;
def osIsLinux = os != null && os.indexOf("linux") != -1;

def localHostName = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName()

if (osIsWindows) {
    org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.Scriptom.inApartment {
        def locator = new org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.ActiveXObject('WbemScripting.SWbemLocator')
        def services = locator.ConnectServer('.')
        def returnState
        def Kb2Mb = 1024
        def nf = java.text.NumberFormat.getIntegerInstance()
      def proc_query
      proc_query = "SELECT FreePhysicalMemory, TotalVisibleMemorySize FROM Win32_OperatingSystem"
      proc_query = "SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem"
      for (process in services.ExecQuery(proc_query, 'WQL', wbemFlagForwardOnly) )
      {
        def mem_free = process.FreePhysicalMemory as Integer
        def mem_Total = process.TotalVisibleMemorySize as Integer
        //def mem_swap = (process.TotalSwapSpaceSize+""?:"0") as Integer
        println ("Free Mem = ${nf.format(mem_free / Kb2Mb)}Mb   Total Mem = ${nf.format(mem_Total/Kb2Mb)}Mb
")
        println "O/S = $process.Caption [Ver $process.Version] $process.CSDVersion [$process.OSArchitecture]\n\n"
        //println "Locale = $process.Locale"
      }
      //  for (process in serviceCtrl.ExecQuery(proc_query, 'WQL', wbemFlagForwardOnly) )
    }

Merlin Beedell