groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New mailing lists on Nabble?
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 06:34:44 GMT
The fine folks at Nabble helped setup the new mailing-lists archive!
So the mails should now start being archived, on the same list archives as
usual.
We'll likely be missing the few emails in the new lists, but otherwise,
that should be like before.
I've also updated the website accordingly (as we were mentioning old vs new
archives, etc)
The notifications and commits lists should also soon be appearing (not yet
configured).

Guillaume

> Thanks for reminding me about this! (that was deep down in my long todo
> list...)
> Now that the Codehaus lists are gone, there's really only those new lists
> to archive, so perhaps we can offer some level of continuity here.
> I've pinged the Nabble folks to see if there's a way forward, if it's
> possible, how to proceed, what they advise doing, etc.
> Let's see how it goes!
>
> Guillaume

>> Has anyone reached out to Nabble on this?
>>
>> -Keegan
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> True.  I wish Nabble would fail to post it to itself if you're not
>>> subscribed.  But it remains a popular tool.
>>>
>>> I wondered about the migration too.  Because it will change all over
>>> again when we go from @groovy.incubator.apache.org to @groovy.apache.org.
>>> Searching
>>> <http://support.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=5621697&query=move+list>
>>> Nabble's support <http://support.nabble.com/> list, it looks like
>>> they've switched servers for others.  I suggest we reach out to them and
>>> ask about that.  That way we can keep the top level group
>>> <http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/> somewhat sane.  The only downside
>>> of moving instead of separate lists in the group is messages posted to old
>>> lists after we intended everyone to make the switch won't be archived.  But
>>> that should be pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things.

Nabble.