groovy-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what kind of class should a open block be?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 13:17:36 GMT
My point is really that if JDK 9 changes what #getSimpleName returns for
our closures, that's a breaking change that is not under our control.
Changing the behavior of Groovy, whatever it is, means that older classes
will not be compatible with JDK 9, at least for the code in the wild which
relies on <generated closure>#getSimpleName.