groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: precedence rules for power operator vs -, +, ++, --
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:38:33 GMT

After further discussion, this change was rolled back.
See GROOVY-7428 for further details. Some of the comments
in the grammar file don't match the current implementation
andlook like they are leftover from very early (pre 1.0)
days. These comments will be aligned with the current
implementation.

Cheers, Paul.

On 9/06/2015 5:55 AM, Paul King wrote:

> Yes, this is 2.5 only - but I'll probably roll back the change - after checking a
> few more languages to make sure we  make a fully informed decision.  There is
> definitely precedence in both directions.
>
> Cheers, Paul.
>
> On 9/06/2015 2:53 AM, Pascal Schumacher wrote:
>>>
>>> just want to point out, that this is no change that breaks binary compatibility.
>>>
>> Also the change is for master (2.5) only. We do not intend to apply it to the 2.4-Bugfix
branch.

> ---

---