groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject what kind of class should a open block be?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:44:48 GMT
Hi all,

since there are some changes in JDK9 that might get getSimpleName()
working on our generated closure classes. I was wondering what kind such
a class should actually be.

If we want getSimpleName() to not to return an empty string, then it
cannot be an anonymous class. It sure won't be a top-level class. That
leaves nested/inner classes and local classes. Usually only local and
anonymous classes have an enclosing method, so I think it should be one
of those.

If I understand Cedric right, it should be a local class. I think either
is fine actually. Historically, the inner class information was not very
reliable, so I think we are pretty open for this one

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou