groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: NPE exception on ManagedLinkedList
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2015 10:57:24 GMT
Am 29.05.2015 15:15, schrieb Paolo Di Tommaso:
> Dear all,
>
> Upgrading to Groovy 2.4.3 I've started to experience a
> NullPointerException that is raised somehow randomly.

The source code line is:

>             if (previous != null && previous.next != null) {

this can cause a NPE if there is a data race... funny thing is, the
comment of the class says:

>  * This class does not support concurrent modifications nor will it check
>  * for them. This class is also not thread safe.

Which strongly suggests, that the class is not used as intended

hmm... the entry points look right... that can only mean that it is the
ReferenceManager re-usage, that is causing trouble here.

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou