groovy-users mailing list archives

From Bob Brown <...@transentia.com.au>
Subject Re: DOMBuilder
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 08:58:04 GMT
As you say, DOMBuilder is not really what you want…it’s really about building a document
from a pre-existing string/source.

You can take a look at:

http://www.groovy-lang.org/processing-xml.html

To see some of the standard facilities (that i suspect you already know about).

There is also:

http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/gapi/groovy/xml/StaxBuilder.html
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Processing+XML

BOB

> On 4 May 2015, at 8:07 am, Keith Suderman <suderman@anc.org> wrote:
>
> I need to build an org.w3c.dom.Document object programmatically and I thought, given
its name, groovy.xml.DOMBuilder might be useful.  However, the DOMBuilder class does not appear
to be a “builder” in the same sense that MarkupBuilder is.  That is,

> 	Document document = aDocumentBuilder.newDocument()
> 	new DOMBuilder(document).root {
> 		parent {
> 			child ‘text’
> 			child ‘more text’
> 		}
> 	}
>
> does not seem to build a Document.  Am I missing something or does DOMBuilder not do
what I want?  Writing my only little builder isn’t a problem, but I don’t want to reinvent
the wheel.

> Note:  I am trying to avoid building an XML string and parsing that into a DOM object
as I am already parsing other data (JSON) and I want to avoid JSON->XML->DOM,  I would
prefer PARSER_EVENTS -> DOM