groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paco Zarate <conta...@nazcasistemas.com>
Subject Re: Groovy SQL stored procedure result processing
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 16:10:24 GMT
Seems like the extension is not finding the constructor. Can you please try
to include in your extension the constructor :

Sql(String
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
url,
String
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
user,
String
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
password,
String
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
driverClassName)
{
   super (url, user, password, driverClassName);
}
just to see if that fixes this error. I think it is not related to the
other one, so I guess you will have a new issue.

Just in case, have you take a look at
https://github.com/dsrkoc/groovy-sql-stream-extension ? it is an extension
to the Sql class from Dinko Srko─Ź that allows you to use a stream for the
resultset.

Also you can try to create a proof of concept gist in github using this
code as a base:
https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/subprojects/groovy-sql/src/test/groovy/groovy/sql/SqlCallTest.groovy
(it uses an in memory database, creates a person table, then creates some
stored procedures, and then it uses them to test these functions. This way
you can reproduce the error in a more isolated way and you can share it to
review or raise a bug report if needed).

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com>
wrote:

>  No.
>
> def sql = Sql.newInstance("jdbc:mysql://${db_host}/${target_database}".toString(), db_username,
db_password, 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver')

> On 5/26/2015 10:12 AM, Paco Zarate wrote:
>
>  Arthur,
>  Just to confirm, is this the calling code that is returning the error?
>
> sql.execute('SET @data_history_units = ?', data_history_units)
> List<List<GroovyRowResult>> results = sql.callWithAllRows '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}',
[in_step, run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count],
{}
> [...]
>> Arthur
>>
>> On 5/25/2015 4:00 PM, Keith Suderman wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately, you've reached the end of my limited SQL knowledge...
>>
>>  However, looking at this article (
>> https://objectpartners.com/2014/01/24/simpler-stored-procedures-with-groovy/)
>> which has since been merged into Groovy (v2.3.0) it would seem that you
>> should be able to get output from an output parameters OR a ResultSet.
>> Maybe the article will lead you to a solution.
>>
>>  Cheers,
>> Keith
>>
>>  On May 25, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  That's what I was trying initially, but all I get is null.  I think the
>> closure only gets output from an OUT parameter of the stored procedure.  I
>> created a procedure that used an OUT parameter and got values in the
>> closure.  I don't maintain the procedures and I'm trying to port the perl
>> wrapper without changing the SQL.
>>
>> I tried...
>>
>> sql.callWithAllRows('{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step, run_step,
in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count]) {
>>     log.info(it.value.toString())
>> }
>>
>> And...
>>
>> sql.callWithAllRows '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step, run_step,
in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count], {
>>     log.info(it.value.toString())
>> }
>>
>> Either produce...
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object
>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.getProperty(NullObject.java:57)
>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getProperty(InvokerHelper.java:169)
>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.getProperty(NullCallSite.java:44)
>>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:293)
>>
>> On 5/25/2015 3:01 PM, Keith Suderman wrote:
>>
>> The last parameter to sql.callWithAllRows() is a closure (empty in your
>> example).  I suspect this is where you want to include the logging.  The
>> way you have it written you are iterating over the list returned by the
>> stored procedure (the list of list of GroovyRowResult), which of course is
>> only available after the stored procedure is complete.
>>
>>  Try
>>
>>  String proc = '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}'
>> Object[] params = [ ... ] as Object[]
>> sql.callWithAllRows(proc, params) {
>>  log.info(it.value.toString()
>> }
>>
>>  Hope this helps.
>>
>>  Cheers,
>> Keith
>>
>>  On May 25, 2015, at 3:07 PM, arthur_ramsey@mediture.com wrote:
>>
>>   Hello,
>>
>> I'm new to Groovy and I'm trying to port the following perl DBI code to Groovy SQL.
 The code executes a stored procedure that produces multiple logging statements as results
(not an OUT parameter).

>> my $sth = $dbh->prepare("CALL spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,true,?,?,?,?,?)");
>> $sth->execute($_[0],$_[1],$_[2],$_[3],$_[4],$_[5]);
>> do {
>> 	while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
>> 		foreach (@row) {
>> 			print "$_ ";
>> 		}
>> 		print "\n";
>> 	}
>> } while ($sth->more_results);
>>
>> The following Groovy code captures everything, but it blocks until the stored procedure
completes unlike the perl code which processes results prior to completion.  The effect is
delayed logging.

>> sql.execute('SET @data_history_units = ?', data_history_units)
>> List<List<GroovyRowResult>> results = sql.callWithAllRows '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}',
[in_step, run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count],
{}
>> results.each { result ->
>>     result.each { row ->
>>         row.each {
>>             log.info(it.value.toString())
>>         }
>>     }
>> }I also tried sql.eachRow, but that seems to only get the first result.  I had a
similar outcome with perl DBI before I added the "while ($sth->more_results)".  Is there
anyway I can better emulate the perl code even if I have to interact with jdbc more closely?