groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paco Zarate <conta...@nazcasistemas.com>
Subject Re: Groovy to develop for Android
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 01:09:42 GMT
I would suggest you also to subscribe to the kotlin mailing list. I don't
use kotlin nor participate on the mailing list, but i think it is really
important when exploring new technologies (and in particular not very
mature technologies) to have a sense on how participative is the user
community, their priorities, how diverse it is, how is the interactions
with the mortal developers like us, because you will be there for some
months/years.

My experience with the groovy community and resources like this mailing
list is amazing. I have been learning something new on each new discussion
thread and it is one of the few mailing lists that i keep following closely
because i feel that gives me an added value that I won't find easily on
other places.

Also I would suggest looking at the committers list from their source
repository,  it can give you and idea on who and how many are the kotlin
developers, it they are all from Jetbrains or just one developer it would
be a yellow alert in comparison with Groovy, because kotlin would have the
resources concentrated, so if there is a change on Jetbrains business
(priorities, financial, etc), the entire project is in risk. I like that
Groovy is diverse in their core team and makes me feel more comfortable
even on this transition times from Pivotal's stewardship.

Paco.