groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keith Suderman <suder...@anc.org>
Subject Re: Groovy SQL stored procedure result processing
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 21:00:04 GMT
Unfortunately, you've reached the end of my limited SQL knowledge...

However, looking at this article (https://objectpartners.com/2014/01/24/simpler-stored-procedures-with-groovy/)
which has since been merged into Groovy (v2.3.0) it would seem that you should be able to
get output from an output parameters OR a ResultSet.  Maybe the article will lead you to a
solution.

Cheers,
Keith

On May 25, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Arthur Ramsey <arthur_ramsey@mediture.com> wrote:

> That's what I was trying initially, but all I get is null.  I think the closure only
gets output from an OUT parameter of the stored procedure.  I created a procedure that used
an OUT parameter and got values in the closure.  I don't maintain the procedures and I'm trying
to port the perl wrapper without changing the SQL.

> I tried...
>
> sql.callWithAllRows('{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step, run_step,
in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count]) {
>     log.info(it.value.toString())
> }
> And...
>
> sql.callWithAllRows '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step, run_step,
in_step_title, in_procedure, in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count], {
>     log.info(it.value.toString())
> }
> Either produce...
> java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object
>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.getProperty(NullObject.java:57)
>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getProperty(InvokerHelper.java:169)
>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.getProperty(NullCallSite.java:44)
>     at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:293)
> On 5/25/2015 3:01 PM, Keith Suderman wrote:
>> The last parameter to sql.callWithAllRows() is a closure (empty in your example).
 I suspect this is where you want to include the logging.  The way you have it written you
are iterating over the list returned by the stored procedure (the list of list of GroovyRowResult),
which of course is only available after the stored procedure is complete.

>> Try
>>
>> String proc = '{call spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}'
>> Object[] params = [ ... ] as Object[]
>> sql.callWithAllRows(proc, params) {
>>  log.info(it.value.toString()
>> }
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Keith
>>
>> On May 25, 2015, at 3:07 PM, arthur_ramsey@mediture.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm new to Groovy and I'm trying to port the following perl DBI code to Groovy
SQL.  The code executes a stored procedure that produces multiple logging statements as results
(not an OUT parameter).

>>> my $sth = $dbh->prepare("CALL spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,true,?,?,?,?,?)");
>>> $sth->execute($_[0],$_[1],$_[2],$_[3],$_[4],$_[5]);
>>> do {
>>> 	while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
>>> 		foreach (@row) {
>>> 			print "$_ ";
>>> 		}
>>> 		print "\n";
>>> 	}
>>> } while ($sth->more_results);
>>>
>>> The following Groovy code captures everything, but it blocks until the stored
procedure completes unlike the perl code which processes results prior to completion.  The
effect is delayed logging.

>>> sql.execute('SET @data_history_units = ?', data_history_units)
>>> List<List<GroovyRowResult>> results = sql.callWithAllRows '{call
spLoad_whse_subjectarea(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}', [in_step, run_step, in_step_title, in_procedure,
in_current_stmt, in_start_data, in_run_count], {}
>>> results.each { result ->
>>>     result.each { row ->
>>>         row.each {
>>>             log.info(it.value.toString())
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>> }
>>> I also tried sql.eachRow, but that seems to only get the first result.  I had
a similar outcome with perl DBI before I added the "while ($sth->more_results)".  Is there
anyway I can better emulate the perl code even if I have to interact with jdbc more closely?