groovy-users mailing list archives

From Alain Stalder <astal...@span.ch>
Subject [ANN] Jexler 2.0.0
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 13:05:53 GMT
I wrote when announcing Jexler 1.0.6 a week ago:
 > "Jexler is a simple relaxed Java 7 framework for
 > starting/stopping Groovy scripts as services and
 > enabling them to react to events of their choice."

Well, not any more! Now it's written 100% in Groovy:

2.0.0 (2015-05-20)
* Jexler is now written in Groovy (unit tests with Spock),
   no longer Java 7 (and JUnit).
* Scheduling is now based on Quartz, no longer on Cron4j,
   which allows now to schedule at shorter intervals
   (seconds instead of minutes).
* Various small changes and simplifications, which should
   almost always have no effect on existing jexler scripts.

Porting Jexler from Java to Groovy has been a lot of fun,
things just got simpler...*

Spock especially is fantastic, thanks for making it!

Fascinating... ;)

Alain

* I am using Intellj IDEA - at least a year ago Groovy support
in Eclipse was not good enough (yet?) so that I had cancelled
a similar attempt back then... :(