groovy-users mailing list archives

From Alain Stalder <astal...@span.ch>
Subject [ANN] Jexler (1.0.16)
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 22:28:16 GMT
Since it's been two years since the first announced release here (Jexler
1.0.0) and I made quite a few improvements since then, especially in the
web GUI, I thought it might be worthwhile to re-announce... :)

"Jexler is a simple relaxed Java 7 framework for
starting/stopping Groovy scripts as services and
enabling them to react to events of their choice."

In a nutshell, Jexler is a Java webapp that lets you edit and start/stop
etc. a bunch of Groovy scripts and easily configure them to do some
tasks, e.g. triggered by a crontab string, sort of a blend of cronjobs
and Groovy.

Not the new forthcoming technology, just something I did on the side,
but maybe useful for some people or just 5 minutes of fun trying out? ;)

To try it out, either get the WAR and drop it into a Java web container
(like Tomcat etc.):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jexler/files/jexler-1.0.16.war/download

or do this:

$ git clone https://github.com/jexler/jexler.git
$ cd jexler
$ gradle demo
... and then point your browser to http://localhost:8080/

Or see the Users' Guide with screenshots:

http://www.jexler.net/guide/

Website:

http://www.jexler.net/

Jex Jexler (Alain Stalder)