groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keith Suderman <suder...@anc.org>
Subject DOMBuilder
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 22:07:45 GMT
I need to build an org.w3c.dom.Document object programmatically and I thought, given its name,
groovy.xml.DOMBuilder might be useful.  However, the DOMBuilder class does not appear to be
a “builder” in the same sense that MarkupBuilder is.  That is,

	Document document = aDocumentBuilder.newDocument()
	new DOMBuilder(document).root {
		parent {
			child ‘text’
			child ‘more text’
		}
	}

does not seem to build a Document.  Am I missing something or does DOMBuilder not do what
I want?  Writing my only little builder isn’t a problem, but I don’t want to reinvent
the wheel.

Note:  I am trying to avoid building an XML string and parsing that into a DOM object as I
am already parsing other data (JSON) and I want to avoid JSON->XML->DOM,  I would prefer
PARSER_EVENTS -> DOM

Cheers,
Keith

Research Associate