I think it's a general problem with AST transformations and stubs. Stubs need to be generated quite early, and sometimes before an AST xform kicks in. So some of them do not really play nicely if you use generated code from Java in joint compilation mode.

One option, if you can, is to have separate source trees. Of course it means that you don't really need joint compilation anymore.

Hey,

I've just updated to the nightly snapshot of Gradle to see how annotation processing works on Groovy stubs.
Dagger's InjectAdapters are generated nicely, so I can confirm everything works fine.

I've found one issue, where I was getting compilation error on classes annotated with @InheritConstructors. Looks like the stubs are being compiled without adding these constructors.

Any ideas what's the root cause of this issue?

Cheers,
Maciej