groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 2.4.4
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:06:17 GMT
Hi Steve,

We haven't yet scheduled the next Groovy release, as there's still work to
be done for being able to release on the new Apache infrastructure. So
we're not quite ready yet.
Are you waiting for a particular bug fix or enhancement that is important
to you?

As to being "materially different" or not... no, it's still the very same
Groovy :-)
Same Apache 2 license, same "content organization" (if by that you mean
same packages, etc.)

There might be some changes like changed Maven coordinates, for example.
Things like package changes might happen, but for a major version like 3.0,
not for 2.x.y.

In conclusion, you shouldn't be much affected by the move into the Apache
incubator.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge