groovy-users mailing list archives

From Dinko Srko─Ź <dinko.sr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: groovy.sql.Sql - When is the connection actually made?
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 03:22:11 GMT
On 29 Apr 2015 23:10, "Henson Sturgill" <henson.reset@gmail.com> wrote:

> Been playing around with a hosted Oracle database that *seems* to be
dropping connections. I made the following script to test (call to
Sql.newInstance() not shown) but I'm curious -- does Groovy create the
connection to the database on newInstance(), or every time eachRow() is
called?

Every time eachRow is called, and the connection is closed upon consuming
the dataset.

Cheers,
Dinko

> --- Example Code ---
>
> String query = "select count(*) cnt from spriden where
upper(spriden_last_name) = 'STURGILL'"