groovy-users mailing list archives

From Henson Sturgill <henson.re...@gmail.com>
Subject groovy.sql.Sql - When is the connection actually made?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 21:09:59 GMT
Been playing around with a hosted Oracle database that *seems* to be
dropping connections. I made the following script to test (call to
Sql.newInstance() not shown) but I'm curious -- does Groovy create the
connection to the database on newInstance(), or every time eachRow() is
called?

--- Example Code ---

String query = "select count(*) cnt from spriden where
upper(spriden_last_name) = 'STURGILL'"
int minuteDelay = 0

while (minuteDelay <= 120) {
    Thread.sleep(1000 * 60 * minuteDelay); // Sleep increasing number of
minutes
    Date date = new Date();
    sql.eachRow(query) {
        println "After ${minuteDelay} minutes - ${it.cnt} (${date})"
    }
    minuteDelay += 5;
}

--- End Example ---

Thanks so much you wonderful programmers!