groovy-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Groovy 1.8.9 and Java 1.8.0
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:01:48 GMT

> As for @CompileStatic.. it gets the information independent of if indy is
> used or not. It is more a question of if dynamic method calls and such are
> done with indy. But since @CompileStatic should not use them, there should
> be no trouble. If there is, it is most likely a bug
>
> If you have some spare time, I suggest you checkout the code at:

https://github.com/jkschneider/model-class-benchmark

Update build.gradle to use Groovy 2.4.4-SNAPSHOT without indy:

https://gist.github.com/melix/e1b391ac2f1682518109

Take a look at the generated Groovy bytecode, then update build.gradle to
use indy instead (:indy classifier). Compare the bytecode. And if you
effectively run the benchmark, you will notice a huge difference in
performance.