groovy-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Obber (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (GROOVY-9048) Replacing a Groovy XML Node causes problems in subsequents findAll calls
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2019 07:53:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9048?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16798811#comment-16798811
] 

David Obber edited comment on GROOVY-9048 at 3/22/19 7:52 AM:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Fast answer and brilliant explanation!

Maybe setting value as I did was probably interpreted as a list of chars...

Thank you!

 p.s. should I close the issue?


was (Author: davidobber):
Fast answer and brilliant explanation!

Maybe setting value as I did was probably interpreted as a list of chars...

Thank you!

 

> Replacing a Groovy XML Node causes problems in subsequents findAll calls
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: GROOVY-9048
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9048
>             Project: Groovy
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: XML Processing
>    Affects Versions: 3.x, 2.5.x
>         Environment: Windows/JDK 8
>            Reporter: David Obber
>            Priority: Minor
>
> I use groovy to parse a XML file using XmlParser. Just to avoid the handling of namespace
prefixes, I used xmlRoot.'**'.findAll() method to find some nodes. The sample code shows how
it works correctly until I just read the nodes, because each item passed to the closure is
a Node object. But when I change the contents of a node (in this case, just the text of the
node), the next call to findAll does not iterate on Node objects. For each character I put
in the text, a String object is passed to the closure. I solved it checking the type with
instanceof, but it seems to be that this is a bug.
> Am I doing something wrong or it's a bug?
> {code}
> class XmlParserTest {
>     static final String XML_SAMPLE = """
>      <ns0:root xmlns:ns0="mycompany.com">
>          <ns0:firstParent>
>              <ns0:item1>uppercase_me!</ns0:item1>
>          </ns0:firstParent>
>          <ns0:secondParent>
>              <ns0:item2>uppercase_me_too!</ns0:item2>
>          </ns0:secondParent>
>      </ns0:root>
>     """
>     static void main(String[] args) {
>         def xmlRoot = new XmlParser(false, false).parseText(XML_SAMPLE)
>         //******* find item1 and capitalize its text ********
>         def nds1 = xmlRoot.'**'.findAll {
>             it.name().equals("ns0:item1")
>         }
>         Node nd1 = nds1[0]
>         //This changes the text of the node, but something strange happens to the node
tree
>         nd1.setValue(nd1.value().toString().toUpperCase())
>         //The same problem happens using replaceNode() instead of setValue()
>         //Node newNode = new Node(nd1.parent(), nd1.name(), nd1.value().toString().toUpperCase())
>         //nd1.replaceNode(newNode)
>         //******* find item2 and capitalize its text ********
>         def nds2 = xmlRoot.'**'.findAll {
>             //for each character in the string "uppercase me!" a String is passed instead
of Node
>             //As String doesn't have a name method, an exception is raised
>             // it.name().equals("ns0:item2")
>             //using instanceof fixes the problem, at least for this case
>             it instanceof Node && it.name().equals("ns0:item2")
>         }
>         Node nd2 = nds2[0]
>         nd2.setValue(nd2.value().toString().toUpperCase())
>         assert nd1.value().toString() == nd1.value().toString().toUpperCase()
>         assert nd2.value().toString() == nd2.value().toString().toUpperCase()
>     }
> }
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message