groovy-dev mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Polish the generics type syntax for closure
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2019 18:57:19 GMT
Hi Daniel,

sorry, mixed up aggregated and union types (my son wanted to paly R6).
Corrected and replied.

I assume Jochen's suggestion is coming from JavaScript/Kotlin, where the
type of a function (method) is given after the colon.
I think its readability is inferior to the C/C++/Java/... approach, and
is only therefore suitable for often-not-typed languages such as
JavaScript. Apart from it feeling alien to me in the Java/Groovy world,
I fear next thing someone would suggest we introduce it into Groovy,
which makes sense, "since we already use it in the Closure argument
syntax"...
Therefore I think we should take a little bit of time to explore
alternative syntax varieties :-)

Cheers,
mg