groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>
Subject Possibility to exchange Interpreter implementation for Groovysh
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 11:23:43 GMT
Hi Groovy devs,

for one of my projects, I need a possibility to exchange Interpreter
implementation in Groovysh. I created PR that adds this functionality
and tested it locally: https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/884

Could someone have a look at it, please? Or would you see a better way
of doing what I'm up for? Essentially, I need better control of naming
closure classes, because currently closures in shell can have the same
name (groovysh_evaluate$_run_closure), which prevents correct
serialization (for sending over wire). This could be fixed directly in
the current implementation of Interpreter, but I see that the naming is
not an issue in most cases.

Also, could this PR be cherry-picked in 2.5.x branch, if there is any
plan for another release of 2.5.x?

Thanks for any feedback and comments,

  Jan