groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Gant is to be deleted, or will someone preserve it?
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2019 07:04:01 GMT
Hi,

Way back in 2006, Gant was an experiment in scheduling Ant tasks and attempted
to be a build system. Hans Dockter experiment a lot with it, but in the end
Gant was not the way forward and we got Gradle. Excellently done Hans (and
Adam).

Gant was still used by GINT for a while so was maintained a bit. However Gint3
will now use Gradle.

Thus does Gant come to its end of existence.

It is my intention to delete *everything* unless someone wants to take control
of the Gant group on GitHub to preserve the code for posterity.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200