groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Milles, Eric (TR Tech, Content & Ops)" <eric.mil...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject Re: About the lazy consensus on Pull Requests
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:47:01 GMT
I think "big" refers to impact to users of the language, not number of files/lines touched.
 Let's say you change copyright notices; that will affect a lot of files but not a lot of
users.  Changes like altering the jars structure, how the static type checker works, new language
syntax, making compile static on by default are examples of "big changes" that will impact
users.

Another example, let's say I want to make "indy" the new default and get rid of the separate
classified jars.  This is a big change since many, many users are not using the indy jars
and so they would likely experience some difference in compilation or execution, even though
all the same class files are delivered in the jars.

________________________________
From: Daniel.Sun <sunlan@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:46 PM
To: dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: About the lazy consensus on Pull Requests

Let's have a look at some examples to clarify the "big changes":

1) Removing unnecessary boxing and unboxing modifies a lot of files, it is a
big change but it is just a refactoring, so I think it can apply the lazy
consensus strategy.

2) Supporting switch expression of Java 12 will impact groovy users, it is a
big change and can not apply the lazy consensus strategy.

Agree with me?

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

-----
Apache Groovy committer
Blog: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__blog.sunlan.me&d=DwICAg&c=4ZIZThykDLcoWk-GVjSLmy8-1Cr1I4FWIvbLFebwKgY&r=tPJuIuL_GkTEazjQW7vvl7mNWVGXn3yJD5LGBHYYHww&m=_b29NYtGgrijCwV2rG6I3Bg70IXBiuUWMMCfYpexP9c&s=2DLn8nmHOUU2_Qlx-jzlHxSsQ4dfNUxCljdyis8yXTY&e=
Twitter: @daniel_sun

--
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com_Groovy-2DDev-2Df372993.html&d=DwICAg&c=4ZIZThykDLcoWk-GVjSLmy8-1Cr1I4FWIvbLFebwKgY&r=tPJuIuL_GkTEazjQW7vvl7mNWVGXn3yJD5LGBHYYHww&m=_b29NYtGgrijCwV2rG6I3Bg70IXBiuUWMMCfYpexP9c&s=w8m2klmc3e4i2w9gi8m8TjmQs1RxesdubEgIjd7_8vE&e=